Thanks to @wesearchr and Mike @Cernovich we have searchable copies of the Snopes divorce papers. They highlight embezzlement by founder David Mikkelson and his defrauding the website to pay for prostitutes. Snopes.com founder David Mikkelson’s new wife, one of the prostitutes on the recieving end of David Mikkelson’s fraud Elyssa Young is now employed by the website as an administrator. Feel free to post findings in the comments.
Things to know:
- Facebook has announced plans to check for ‘fake news’ using a series of organizations to assess whether stories are true.
- One of them is a website called Snopes.com which claims to be one of the web’s ‘essential resources’ and ‘painstaking, scholarly and reliable’.
- It was founded by husband-and-wife Barbara and David Mikkelson, who used a letterhead claiming they were a non-existent society to start their research.
- Now they are divorced – with Barbara claiming in legal documents he embezzled $98,000 of company money and spent it on ‘himself and prostitutes’.
- In a lengthy and bitter legal dispute he is claiming to be underpaid and demanding ‘industry standard’ or at least $360,000 a year.
- The two also dispute what are basic facts of their case – despite Snopes.com saying its ‘ownership’ is committed to ‘accuracy and impartiality’.
- Snopes.com founder David Mikkelson’s new wife Elyssa Young is employed by the website as an administrator
She has worked as an escort and porn actress.
- Its main ‘fact checker’ is Kimberly LaCapria, whose blog ‘ViceVixen’ says she is in touch with her ‘domme side’ and has posted on Snopes.com while smoking pot.